You're invited to come and explore our beautiful store. The building is over 12,000 square feet - so give yourself some time to take it all in!
The front door of the store beckons... welcome one and all. Let's take a little stroll through the many rooms at Piecemakers in Costa Mesa. The building looks more like a large house in the woods than a country store. We have many rooms packed with gifts picked especially for you.
- For the quilters we have over 2,000 bolts of fabrics, books, patterns, ribbons, trims, and anything else you can imagine.
- For the treasure hunters we have antiques and collectibles all through the store.
- For the crafters we have a soap supplies room and beading corner. Don't miss the myriad of beads, charms, findings and beading books .
- For the adventurous and those seeking to hone their sewing and craft skills a visit to the Class Sample Room is a must! Sign up for one of over 100 classes we offer every quarter. You can see the finished projects, ask questions and even request classes for the future. By the way, if you are coming from out of town and can only stay for a few days, we offer several one-day workshops that might fit into your schedule.
- Head up the stairs: There's plenty of shopping to do on all three landings as you make your way up the stairs to the second floor! When you reach the top of the stairs a brand new "magical" space awaits you. Decorated and infused with sights, gifts and sounds of the seasons, it is a joy to explore.
- Also upstairs, visit the hair salon, classrooms, linens and garden rooms, Christmas room, farmhouse — and we can't forget the "Barely Used" clothing shop.
There are all kinds of activities going on constantly at the store — special luncheons, embroidery and sewing club meetings, fairs and markets, teacher demos, birthday parties — just talk to Jean and Joanna in class sign-ups if you would like to make arrangements for a special event at Piecemakers or if your club needs a meeting room!
Take a look around!
Enjoy walking around Piecemakers grounds or eating outside at one of the tables provided for lunch/crafting/visiting. There are also many outdoor events which take place in Piecemakers' parking lot.
Walk into the store and begin your treat. The entrance has a brass tiled ceiling and walls covered with quilts, decorative houses and trees. Also, check the website regularly for special demos, sales and events happening in the entrance!
Class Sample Room
In the class sample room is displayed all the projects offered for the current quarter's schedule. Browse the beautiful treasures by Piecemakers' talented teachers and sign up for a class to begin your own creative journey.
Venture on to check out the fabric aisles for all your quilt making needs, plus the wide variety of vintage buttons, laces (vintage and hand-dyed), trims and silk ribbon which make crazy quilting or any kind of embellishing, a delight. Purchase books and patterns, many of which are created from Piecemakers original designs, and receive kind and expert attention from Sue, Linda and other Piecemakers who are always ready to help.
Before you head upstairs to the other half of the store, while you are still on the main floor of the store, be sure to check out the hallway of greeting cards, Soap Shop, and visit the Piecemakers Country Tea Room and candy counter for the best treats. Everywhere you look are the most beautiful in gifts and treasures for your own home. Also you may see classes in session and special gatherings from time to time, like the bridal shower for one of Piecemakers' own shown below!
Piecemakers Country Tea Room & Kitchen
Food and fellowship with friends is a big part of what Piecemakers is all about. The Piecemakers Country Tea Room is open to all our visitors — our customers are our inspectors and the cooking is approved by the people who eat it!
Upstairs Shopping, Hair Salon and Classrooms
The fun and adventure does not stop on the first floor. Upstairs you will find the walls full of beautiful quilts and art, along with many unique finds throughout. Literally every nook and cranny has a surprise waiting for you to discover. Additionally you will find we have a Hair Salon and many Classroom areas.